Friday, March 2, 2018

IN THE BEGINNING.....

This is my first publication in my blog. Seems a little surreal that the end of the course is coming to an end. Nevertheless, I am very excited to start this project and hopefully do really well. I am excited for the opportunity to be able to present my work and I hope the end result is just as good. I will be working with my partner Nati on this project and so far we have come up with a couple ideas regarding some film opening concepts, yet we still have not been been able to decide on a theme yet. Nevertheless, I have started to write music again which is something I am very excited to do again for the project. I haven't composed in a really long time and I am eager to enhance the opening film with some interesting musical choices that I hope will be beneficial for the film. One of the ideas we had for our film was set in the 1950s therefore, most of the music ideas I would be getting would have a jukebox essence to it that would really establish the setting of the film.  Some of the music that I really enjoyed listening to was the 1950's classic, "Shout" by the Isley Brothers. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPd7C3kEoZI
This groove could be implemented very well in the diner feel that our project wants to represent.
We also had the idea of establishing the 1950's essence by researching some diners of the 1950's. While the project ideas are still new, I'm very excited to see our growth as we develop and watch the viewers "Shout" high praises at our final work.


Image result for 1950s diner
1950's diner





References    

       E. (2015, September 13). 1950s Diner Meal. Retrieved March 02, 2018, from 
https://evolutionofjill.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/1950s-diner-meal/

      The Isley Brothers - Shout! (n.d.). Retrieved March 02, 2018, from https://www.discogs.com/The-Isley-Brothers-Shout/release/3044339


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is the opening to the film entitled Through Aging Eyes