Sunday, March 4, 2018

La Musica De Amor.......

So all of today I have been working on new sounds and trying to develop what cool music can be implemented in the opening of the film. Unfortunately, the song "Shout" will most likely not be in the film anymore due to the fact that since it is taking place in a latin country the music should represent the culture where the film is taking place. I was thinking about creating the music myself for this particular piece in which there are two compositions. One in the beginning of the film which has a tone of reminiscence which would be more to the feeling of regret that would foreshadow the rest of the film as it relates to how the grandmother is telling her love story. According to dictionary on music, grave is the slowest tempo in music and is usually reflective of a solemn tone. Although I  have not found any musical selections that I feel I can use for the piece for the first composition,  I am still searching and hopeful that I will find what I'm looking for in order to get the ideas I need to write a killer piece. One of the difficulties in composing music is that it is vital that the music correlates with the film yet, the music should not take away from the film nor have it be the centerpiece since it is specifically background music and that is a challenge I am still working on nevertheless will be working to get better at. The next composition would include once the flashback begins and it goes to the grandmother in a diner in which she works on. The flashback should bring us back to the 1950's and Grandmother should be around 18,19, or 20 it should be a young love story. For the flashback music, the music would not necessarily be uplifting but would most definitely have a lighter tone to it. I was thinking of even adding vocals to the composition to further enhance the feeling as the couple meet and see each other and have the vocals correlate to the dialogue of the actors while still being true to the setting. Here is one of the songs I was listening to that I really enjoyed that had the right musical style I was thinking about. This cover of "Cuando Calienta el Sol"  is done exceptionally well and the artist Helmott Lotti, does a really interesting job in modifying the classic just a little bit in order to make it a little more modern. Nevertheless, I feel as if though the classic can be just as good. I also added the original "Cuando Client el Sol" as well and let me know which one you like better, but I am kind of leaning more towards the cover just based on how his interpretation of the piece is something that I find refreshing and that I feel has not been done before with this song. There has also been a unique twist that I thought I could add although as cliche it may sound I thought about having the grandfather be a foreigner/tourist of the area meaning there is a strong language barrier between the grandmother and grandfather that makes it hard to communicate with each other. I feel the obvious language barrier should be evident and having the subtitles be in english but also be in Spanish in the film should acknowledge to the viewers that this film was intended primarily to Spanish speakers. As the project progresses my partner and I will establish setting as well as the characters and finalize storyboard and concept ideas for this project. This is only the beginning.

References
Ilich, T. (n.d.). What Were the Best Latin Music Hits of the 1950s? Retrieved March 04, 2018, from https://www.thoughtco.com/nostalgia-1950s-latin-hit-playlist-2141375

(n.d.). Retrieved March 04, 2018, from https://www.8notes.com/glossary/grave.asp

(n.d.). Retrieved March 04, 2018, from https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cuando%2Bcalienta%2Bel%2Bsol%2Boriginal

Rubin, J. L. (n.d.). This Is Why You Can Still Hear MUSIC At Beethoven's Grave... Retrieved March 04, 2018, from https://www.littlethings.com/beethovens-grave/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is the opening to the film entitled Through Aging Eyes